First of all, if you have decided on a terrace model with custom-built terrace, you need to prepare a plan. Take some time to think about technical questions, decide which area is best for your tub, where to place the heater, filter or any other spa equipment. What type of material will be used for decoration is another thing to consider. Look around and decide what would suit your garden best. Maybe everything is decorated with stones and plants and you can cover the sides with it, or you have a wooden terrace where you only need to cut out a circle and place the tub there. But let’s start everything from the beginning.
- Fitting the hot tub into a deck is probably one of the most aesthetically pleasing and practical installations. The possibilities for deck installations are endless, but the hot tub itself is generally integrated into the deck, partially or completely. Keep in mind that the support structure of the deck must be able to handle the weight of the filled tub.
- Check the building requirements that vary widely depending on local law before you actually start your project. Footings and a concrete base are generally the first steps when preparing the area. If the tub is recessed in the ground, excavate the area and smooth out the ground surface, ensuring that it is level and free of unnecessary debris.
- If the hot tub is recessed down into the deck, make sure you plan for adequate access to the hot tub. If you are using a jet system, filtration or electrically heated hot tub, access to them should not be restricted. Access to maintenance or service will typically be easier for the above ground hot tub, but it always depends on the way you want to integrate the tub. Moreover, the look and aesthetics you’re going for will dictate how you construct your project.
- Since you are thinking about buying a terrace model which does not have any walls around it, insulation is a highly important feature, because it helps to keep the water warm for a longer time. Not only bottom and the walls should be insulated, but the lid as well.
- Place some furniture around the tub, a couple of chairs, benches, a table or a bar if you want this place cozy and attract others to stay around. While some of you enjoy the tub, others may stay next to you outside. Think about the garden lights. The effect of lights in the evening can be spectacular and bring so much charm to the place.
Make sure that before the purchase you have a clear idea of how your ideal terrace model set up should look like. We hope this helps you to make the decision!
Do you still feel like at a crossroad? Then read the information below!