Outdoor Garden Barrel Saunas for Sale in the UK! DIY Outdoor Saunas!
Weekly deliveries throughout Europe!
Now offering assembly on-site services for flat-packed sauna models as well!
- From: €2,730Outdoor sauna for limited garden space
- From: €2,990Outdoor Garden Sauna Igloo DesignBest Seller 2017!
- From: €2,850Outdoor Barrel Round SaunaBarrel design
- From: €3,590Rectangular wooden outdoor sauna
- From: €1,380Outdoor wooden showerBest accessory!
- From: €2,499Outdoor camping glamping pod
- From: €4,537Mobile outdoor sauna on wheels Harvia wood burner
- From: €5,387Mobile rectangular outdoor sauna on wheels – trailerNew!
- From: €5,445Modern Outdoor Garden SaunaNew!
- From: €5,187Mobile outdoor Igloo sauna on wheels Harvia wood burnerNew!
Latest pictures from our clients throughout Europe!
You are ordering directly from the manufacturer – TimberIN factory! What does that mean?
TimberIN factory is certified by European Union Intellectual Property Office (Certification No. 016147597) and registered to the European Union trademarks. That means the design of our products is unique. At the moment, TimberIN is undergoing the process of ISO 9001 establishment “Quality management systems”. Some key facts working with us:
- You will get the unique TimberIN-branded, high-quality product. There are many similar looking products on the internet but if you want to be certain about the quality of each aspect of your purchase, choose TimberIN!
- Much safer purchase process. You would transfer your funds directly to the manufacturer, no third-party persons involved – no risks!
- Much safer transportation process. You will obtain the product directly from the factory, no extra reloading! This is very important to keep the product damage – free due to transportation caused problems!
- Thanks to your direct communication with the factory your order will be produced as precise as possible. Involving the third parties (resellers) in the purchase process would always increase the possibility of wrongly understood and therefore manufactured the product.
- We do bespoke models! The possibilities are endless! Have an idea for a differently designed model? Share it!
- Real warranty provided directly by the manufacturer. Buying from the reseller would often limit the warranty services since in case of malfunction, the reseller will contact the manufacturer and in the end, nobody would want to take the responsibility. As the result, the customer would lose time and money.
- Thanks to the elimination of the resellers, you save up to 20 – 30 % on all high-quality products. Customers would rather spend this amount on better quality wood and SPA equipment than paying the resellers for their services.
- 95 % of customer satisfaction rate and more than 500 positive reviews Europewide would not lie! Visit our main website www.timberin.com, select the country and get to know more about us! Also, please do not forget to read our blog articles.
- TimberIN brand production line has been officially certified by European Union Intellectual Property Office (Certification No. 016147597) and registered to the European Union trademarks.
Outdoor garden sauna, Igloo design
I have attached some photos of the finished sauna, I hope it looks ok to you. We are very pleased with it and have had lots of lovely comments, most people say it’s ” Awesome!” It would be great if you put one or 2 photos on the website. We have placed the sauna on decking and have a Lazy-spa hot tub next to it as well, you should be able to see this on some of the photos. The sauna will be wired up this week so we can finally use it, we are really looking forward to that!
Best wishes Sarah
Sarah, Northamptonshire, UK
In Scandinavia, outdoor saunas and wood fired hot tubs are common. An outdoor sauna is a perfect solution to relax, cleanse the body and soothe the mind. It’s the perfect retreat from the fast pace of modern life and best of all – it doesn’t take up any room in your home. Seeing all available sauna designs above, let’s discuss their main construction parts.
Construction options for outdoor saunas
(1) The outdoor sauna with a shower
A shower together with a garden sauna or an outdoor hot tub is quite a popular choice. The shower can be positioned either inside or outside as a separate unit of the outdoor sauna. If one opts for a shower inside the garden sauna, then normally it is installed in the entrance area which is separated from the main sauna`s room. It is important to foresee the water drainage together with a shower. Water should not be kept on the ground to avoid fast wood deterioration. The more popular choice is the external wooden shower.
(2) Garden saunas with wood stoves or electric heaters
The main thing to consider when choosing the outdoor saunas or barrel saunas is the heating source. The most popular are wood-fired Harvia stoves. The simplicity and style are the factors making them so popular. If the fumes are not allowed in your area, you could consider electric Harvia heaters as well. The constructions are simpler since electric barrel saunas don’t have the chimneys and other sophisticated roof`s waterproofing parts. The main difference between electric and wood fired Harvia heaters is the power measurement. The power of an electric heater is described as kW. The kilowatt (kW) is equal to one thousand watts. This unit is typically used to express the output power of engines and the power of electric motors, tools, machines, and heaters. It is important to know how one calculates the costs of running the electric garden sauna. Each electric heater has its own power consumption level. One must pay attention to how many kW does the heater have. Normally they come from 3 kW to more than 10 kW depending on the model. Let’s take 6 kW as an example. If you have been to the outdoor sauna – barrel sauna for 3 hours running the heater on maximum power, you end up consuming 18 kW of electricity (6 kW * 3 hours = 18 kW/h). Next step is to check your local electricity bills. Let’s say one is charged 0,2 EUR per kW/h, so the total price would be only 3,6 EUR.
All electric heaters used to heat the garden saunas or barrel saunas are equipped with the thermostat so one is easily able to reach the required temperature and adjust it. The power supply which is needed depends on the power of the electric heaters. Units with up to 6 kW can be powered by a single phase 220 – 230 V cable line. More powerful ones are supplied by 3 phase 380 V cable.
Wood-fired outdoor garden saunas can be completely off the grid. One doesn’t need any electrical supply to power them up. The drawback is that you can’t adjust the temperature with such ease as in the electric outdoor sauna. So how can we adjust the temperature inside the barrel sauna and how can we describe the power of the wood burning sauna heater? Well, wood burning sauna heaters don’t have such indicator describing the power levels as electric ones do. While the electric ones are described by kW, the wood burning heaters are classified by the size and the number of stones that burner can contain. Stones act as heat accumulators and as more stones there are, the more heat will be spread across the sauna. The temperature of the wood-burning outdoor sauna can be set only by the amount of wood that one puts in the heater`s hatch. If there is too much of heat inside, one can always open the windows or doors to make a proper ventilation.
Wood fired heaters can be equipped with internal or external hatches (the place where you put wood). The external hatch is a perfect way to load wood without interfering with people inside. This is particularly useful for hotels or bed & breakfast to serve their clients. We also offer a big variety of hot tub heaters.
(3) Outdoor saunas – barrel saunas with a changing room
Changing rooms in outdoor saunas are quite a common choice. It is nice to have some spare place to leave your clothes before entering the sauna. The size may vary from 1 m to approximately 2 m. In order to better understand the construction, we give the example. Say, you select the sauna which is 4 m long having 1.5 m of changing room. This type of garden sauna would be ideal for 4-5 persons since the main sauna`s area is 2.5 m long and the remaining 1.5 m is the changing room. The changing room is separated from the main sauna room with the wooden or glass doors. If there is only small space available in your garden, one can give up a changing room and have the full-size main sauna room. Optionally, the changing room, as well as main sauna area, can be illuminated by some LED lights built in under the benches. Changing rooms of the outdoor saunas and barrel saunas are built from the same wood and require no additional or different materials. If you do have sufficient space in your garden, we always advise having the changing room inside the barrel sauna. It is much more convenient.
(4) The wooden sauna with a terrace or a porch
The porch is another great addition to your wooden sauna. It is very comfortable to avoid instant wind or just calmly sit after a great sauna session. The length of a porch may vary but the most popular choice is 1 m. So again, having a sauna with a total length of 4 m including 1 m porch, you are left with 3 m main sauna area. Porches of the garden saunas are usually built with side benches and covered with the roof.
(5) The outdoor sauna – barrel saunas for 2, 4, 6 or 8 persons. Let’s compare the sizes
When it comes to the question of how many people would one or another garden sauna hold, it is not very easy to answer. It very much depends on the size of the person but in this case, let’s take an average-sized 175 cm tall weighing approx. 80 kg person. The 2 m long garden sauna would comfortably fit 2 persons, 3 m – would fit 4 persons and 4 m long outdoor sauna would sit 6 or more persons. The type of garden sauna whether it is barrel or iglu does not influence the number of people comfortably sitting inside. On the other hand, the rectangular sauna of the same length fits more people since the walls are straight. 2, 4 person saunas are the most popular choice for small families, while 4 or more meters saunas are usually being chosen by hotels or various bed & breakfast facilities.
(6) Picking a site for the outdoor saunas – barrel saunas
When building an outdoor sauna in your garden, it’s important to pick the right place. You want a space that is relaxing and somewhat secluded. After all, you don’t want your neighbours catching a peek at you in your sauna! Make sure the space you choose is large enough to comfortably house the room and is far enough away from your home to not pose a hazard. You may or may not need a permit to build your sauna depending on where you live.
Essentially, any site that is suitable for a shed will also be suitable for a sauna. In the event that the ground cannot be levelled, your sauna can be raised using blocks or a small foundation. Some designs allow you to partially bury the base of the sauna, giving greater freedom for placing it. Basically, each sauna comes with an already pre-built wooden foundation that means you only need to level the surface and ensure the proper ventilation under it. Surely, the sauna can be seated on a wooden terrace or some kind of patio. The material is not much important. Each sauna has its own foundation measurements that your ground construction should meet in order to nicely position it.
Choosing the outdoor saunas – barrel saunas for the garden
There are plenty of outdoor saunas for sale on the internet. Consider your space, your goals, and your personal preferences when making a decision. Wooden garden saunas should be made of a durable timber that has been treated to withstand heat and moisture. Some designs, like Igloo or barrel saunas, will have other special considerations to take into account, so before you order, make sure you can accommodate the sauna you choose.
Once your outdoor sauna is installed, you can begin relaxing and leading a more enjoyable, health-centred life. Your sauna is sure to become your favourite feature of your home, giving you years of trouble-free enjoyment. Order your sauna today and see why so many Scandinavians have already built their own little havens in the comfort of their gardens.
To sum up, the outdoor saunas are an excellent luxury item for the garden
Outdoor saunas or camping glamping pods are also an excellent addition to the outside of a house. Do it yourself (DIY) outdoor saunas are available that can be built by the homeowners themselves. The space per person depends on the number of people the outdoor sauna is supposed to seat.
An outdoor sauna is an excellent relaxation facility that can easily increase the worth of your real estate. The outdoor sauna is a go-to relaxer for most people who have realized its advantages. It even helps in reducing weight and clearing out the bodies toxins.
Links to our European websites:
- Germany (new website)
- Germany (new website)
- France (new)
- Uk (new)
- Uk (new)
- Denmark (new)
- Denmark (new)